|Probation Officer Info|
|How To Become A Probation Officer|
The interview process is imperative to your success in any job, especially for those requiring higher education and working with other people on a daily basis. As a parole or probation officer you will be expected to act, look and speak professionally. Listed below are some suggestions to practice for making your interview process a success.
You can prepare by:
- Rehearse answering potential questions.
- Get a haircut and be clean-shaven.
- Dress to impress. Wear a dark suit with a subtle tie.
- Don't use any strong colognes or perfumes.
- Be on time.
- Act enthusiastic and smile when greeted.
- Be completely honest.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume (1 for each interviewer)
- Ask the interviewers 2-3 questions, it shows that you maintain enthusiasm and interest in the job.
- Make sure your car is clean, inside and out, some places check your car to see if you are a neat/organized person.
Potential Interview Questions
- Why do you want a career in law enforcement?
- What makes you a suitable candidate to become a probation officer?
- What character qualities are most important to you?
- What is your greatest weaknesses?
- Give me an example of a conflict you were involved with and how you took care of it.
- Tells us about your military experience (if applicable).
- Do you drink alcohol?
- Do you smoke?
- Have you used any kind of illicit drugs?
- Do you have any kind of medical condition that we should know about?
- How many driving record?
- What are your goals?
- Tell me why you are honorable.
- Do you work well with people? Give me an example.
- Do you consider yourself a leader? Give me an example of a time you exemplified good leadership.
- If we offered you a job when would you be able to start?
Home Page: How to Become a Probation Officer